Perfect extra-large sewing machine hole for the large embroidery machines. Measuring 25" x 13" it is large enough for most sewing and embroidery machines.
All along the back of the cabinet is a full-length drop leaf extension supported on 2 panels with caster wheels ~ the whole cabinet is supported on casters making it very mobile and easy to move.
All the corners and edges of the 5280 cabinet are smooth and rounded keeping your fabrics and clothing safe.
On the left of the sewing machine is a drawer extension panel that sits above the drawer. (The removable panel has pins that help to hold it into place, when you remove this panel be sure to keep the pins off the surface of the cabinet so that there is no chance of scratching it). The drawer has a soft close feature - no noisy slamming!
The drawer extension gives you extra workspace, keeps everything handy, but out of the way.
Just to the left of your knee space is a small optional cubby that you can store your cutting mat, ruler, or patterns.
To the right is another cubby that the drawer extension panel and filler panel fits into.
This cabinet comes in white, white with oak trim, or sunset maple.
Choose a clear acrylic insert or a color matching insert for your sewing machine well.
When this cabinet arrives at your home, you simply unwrap the cabinet. Put on the casters and drawer pull. It is ready to go!
To create a flat work surface on the 5280 cabinet, carefully remove your acrylic insert, remember to store it on the longest side to protect it best. Toggle your sewing machine all the way down. Place the filler leaf on the top, over the sewing machine. Move the support panels from the drop leaf in the back, and lower the drop leaf. The same with the right side extension leaf, move the support and let the extension rest against the sewing cabinet.
We encourage you to add the optional acrylic insert. The custom cut insert fills in the empty space between your sewing machine and the edge of the sewing machine hole. This keeps your fabric from falling down between your sewing machine and the cabinet. It is wonderful to sew on a completely flat surface from the front edge of your sewing cabinet feeding your fabric all the way to the back.
If you need the space, you can put the drop leaf down and your cabinet can be rolled to the side of the room.
If you chose to add the optional #51 caddy as pictured, the rolling drawers fit perfectly under the left drawer.
This Horn 5280 comes to you completely assembled, you just insert the castors and you're ready to sew!
Enter HORN10 at check out to save 10% on your Horn Sewing Cabinet!
Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
The "Whisper Quiet" Electric Lift has a red toggle switch to position your sewing machine exactly where you want to use it. Typically a sewing machine uses three positions on the sewing table.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
The beauty of the electric lift is getting your sewing machine exactly where you want it with only the push of a button, no force is needed to move heavy sewing machines.
The max weight recommended for an electric lift is 80lbs.
- Melamine, mar-resistant surface
- “Whisper Quiet” Electric Lift
- 25” X 13” cut-out
- Soft 2.5mm edge banding for comfortable sewing
- Rounded corners for safety
- Six outlet power strip included
- One shallow soft closing drawer
- Optional thread tray available for drawer
- Hinged drop leaf with dual supports and locking casters included and installed
- Removable drawer extension platform included
- Right side extension platform included
- Open front area for bobbin and knee lever access
- In front of the needle sewing
- Storage area for insert
- Easy-roll lockable casters
- Completely assembled, just install the casters and pulls
- Optional #51 Caddy of drawers
The Horn cabinets are made in lots. For example, the 8090 model in white might be made this week and the 9000 next week. This affects the availability of each cabinet. When you place your order you are in line for any cabinet that may be in stock, or the next run of the cabinet you choose. So your cabinet could arrive in 2 weeks if it is in stock or be on backorder until the next run. Some cabinets could be as far out as eight weeks or more.
Open: 72” Width x 40” Depth x 29-3/4” Height
Closed: 60” Width x 19-1/2” Depth x 29-3/4” Height
Sewing Machine Hole: 25" x 13"
Weight: 204 lbs.
Drawer: 20-5/8” Width x 14-7/8” Depth x 3“ Height
Middle Storage Area: 2-3/4” Width x 9-1/2” Depth x 25-1/2“ Height
Right Storage Area: 1-7/8” Width x 9-1/2” Depth x 25-1/2“ Height
- Limited Lifetime Warranty covers residential use only, commercial and classroom use is excluded and will not be covered under this warranty.
- Horn of America designs and constructs its furniture with the customer’s satisfaction in mind.
- This warranty provides you with protection against manufacturer’s defects in material and workmanship of all components in your Horn of America cabinet.
- This warranty is limited to the original owner of the Horn of America cabinet and covers only manufacturer’s defects. Any damages resulting from the use of the product are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
Both the electric lifts, the table lift, and the sewing machine lift have a 3-year warranty.
This warranty does not cover any defect resulting from the improper use or abuse of the cabinet, normal wear and tear, or commercial or institutional (Schools) use of the cabinet in a commercial or institutional environment.