Sit down to sew on a beautiful cabinet. It has all the features to make your sewing a pleasure. More room to the left for your projects above 4 drawers to store your sewing notions and supplies.
In the back of the cabinet is a 9-inch drop leaf, giving you additional space for your fabric to lay and not fall on the floor.
On the right, you have just the space needed to lay your scissors and a couple of spools of thread for the project your working on.
Under the table is a narrow storage area made special for the acrylic insert that fits around your sewing machine.
This Horn 5400 comes to you completely assembled, you just insert the castors and you're ready to sew!
Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
The "Whisper Quiet" Electric Lift has a red toggle switch to position your sewing machine exactly where you want to use it. Typically a sewing machine uses three positions on the sewing table.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
The beauty of the electric lift is getting your sewing machine exactly where you want it with only the push of a button, no force is needed to move heavy sewing machines.
The max weight recommended for an electric lift is 80lbs.
This cabinet arrives at your house completely assembled!!
You are Responsible to check the Sewing Machine Hole Size
Be sure to measure your sewing machine with all attachments removed. For the best fit, allow 2 extra inches around your machine for the insert to fit well. The extra 2" also allows room for your machine to raise and lower freely with the lift and the sewing machine cords.
The standard sewing machine opening size can be found in the specifications.
Enter HORN10 at check out to save 10% on your Horn Sewing Cabinet!
• 25”x13” machine cut-out
• “Whisper Quiet” Electric Lift
• Melamine mar-resistant surface
• 4 drawers for storage
• Hinged drop leaf included
• Free arm mounting platform support
• Bi-fold swing away door
• Soft 2.5mm Edge Banding for comfortable sewing
• Rounded corners for safety
• Storage area for insert
• Easy-roll lockable casters
• Completely assembled, just install the casters and pulls
The Horn cabinets are made in lots. For example, the 8090 model in white might be made this week and the 9000 next week. This affects the availability of each cabinet. When you place your order you are in line for any cabinet that may be in stock, or the next run of the cabinet you choose. So your cabinet could arrive in 2 weeks if it is in stock or be on backorder until the next run. Some cabinets could be as far out as eight weeks or more.
Open: 48” Width 39-1/2” Depth 29-3/4” Height
Closed: 48” Width 20-1/2” Depth 29-3/4” Height
Sewing Machine Hole: 25" x 13"
Weight: 193 lbs.
Depth: 12-7/8" (Front to back)
Height: 4-3/4" (Max storage height)