This sewing and serger combination cabinet has beauty written all over it with the details taken in the workmanship. Amish furniture craftsmen have put together another exceptional sewing table for you.
The wood grain stands out with the stain color of your choice. You can't resist gliding your hand over the top of the cabinet, it is sanded so wonderfully smooth. Solidly built, it has dovetail drawers and mortise and tenon doors, giving it the best strength wood offers.
More compact when it is closed down, it is a space saver when you are not busy sewing. When you open up the leaves to the right and left of the sewing machine hole, you have a wonderful surface area for your workspace.
You can also order a solid wood insert for the sewing machine hole so that you can use the top of the cabinet for a cutting table and workspace.
The thread spool storage is for small spools of thread.
You have the option of adding a drop leaf to the back of the sewing cabinet that is 15" or 18" wide. This adds even more workspace, yet takes so little storage space when it is down.
Knee space is 20" wide, with the option of stretching that 2 or 4 more inches. (Very worth it for easier workflow!) When you stretch the kneehole 2" wider, it makes the open length 4" longer. And a 4" stretch adds 8" to the total length when it's open. The 4" stretch is suggested for the larger sewing machines so that you can have a larger sewing machine opening.
The standard sewing machine hole size is 10" x 18" if you want, you can go as large as 11 1/2" x 20". If you choose the 2" stretch cabinet, you can make the length 22". The 4" stretch cabinet can be cut out at 11 1/2" x 24". Let us know what you need!
When the top is flipped out to the side, with the standard-sized kneehole the table extends both to the left and right 13 3/4" beyond the base of the cabinet. With a 2" stretch, it extends 15 3/4". The 4" stretch is a 17 3/4" extension to the base of the cabinet.
The back of this Basic Sewing Cabinet is stained, but not finished in detail for show. But you have options. You can upgrade to it being finished with a 1/4" veneer just as beautifully as the rest of the cabinet. If it will be sitting against a wall, there is no need to pay for extra finish work. With an 18" drop leaf about 12" of the back of the cabinet will show when it is closed.
The optional larger shelf for the thread pull-out is better designed for the larger spools. The shelves are flat and measure 2 1/4" x 14 1/2" long.
You are Responsible to check the Sewing Machine Hole Size
Be sure to measure your sewing machine with all attachments removed. For the best fit, allow 2 extra inches around your machine for the insert to fit well. The extra 2" also allows room for your machine to raise and lower freely with the lift and the sewing machine cords.
The standard sewing machine opening size can be found in the specifications.
Sew Steady Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
Classic Woods includes a German-made pneumatic sewing machine lift with your sewing cabinet. You also have the option of upgrading to an electric lift.
Both Lifts give you the three positions needed for your sewing.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
This electric lift is an optional upgrade. It has a 65-pound capacity and is the easiest to use of the two lifts. With the Auto-Stop feature, you can preset the lift to stop at the perfect level every time, eliminating the hassle of running it upon and down until you hit the right spot. With a free-arm position, you can hold the bypass switch and press the rocker switch to go up to the high position.
The standard height of the electric lift is 23 3/4" with a travel of 17 1/4".
If you have any physical challenges that make it difficult to push down on the pneumatic life, we encourage you to upgrade to the electric lift.
As custom goes, there is a wait time for this little beauty of 18 weeks. It is so worth the wait! Solid wood cabinets like this Amish-made one is such a high-quality piece of furniture.
Customers are saying they "absolutely love" this Amish Sewing Cabinet.
- 4 Dove Tail Drawers
- Serger Storage and work shelf
- Mortise and tenon doors for solid construction
- Spool Drawer
- Wood of your choice, basic price includes oak and Soft Brown Maple.
- Your choice of stain
- Handle hardware, with 3 choices.
- Raised panel doors
- Drop Leaf in the back (15" or 18")
- Cherry or Quarter Sawn White Oak Wood
- Making it a stretch cabinet with more kneehole space
- Extra droop leaf extension
- Finished Back of the cabinet (finish back to look like the front, the standard is stained and varnished)
- Reverse Panel doors, Mission Style ( comes with raised panel doors)
- Reverse Floor Plan
- Cover for the hole, that is solid, like a tabletop - great for cutting out projects!
- Raised or reversed panel ends on the cabinet.
- Electric lift
56 1/2" W x 30 3/4" H x 19 1/2" D, Closed
84" W x 30 3/4" H x 19 1/2" D, Open
With the 2" stretch the overall opened width is 88"
With the 4" stretch the overall opened width is 92"
- Standard sewing machine hole size is 10" x 18"
- Option of enlarging sewing machine hole size to 11 1/2" x 20"
- 2" stretch cabinet sewing machine hole size is 22" long (10 or 11.5")
- 4" stretch cabinet sewing machine hole size is 11 1/2" x 24"