This cabinet with a solid wood 12" drop leaf is a wonderful piece of woodworking. Handcrafted in an Amish workshop, it is designed to last. Four drawers on the right side are jointed with the dovetail construction. Piano hinges on the doors aids in the strength of the hinges, since they are a continuous hinge.
The solid wood top is hinged to open. Solid wood doors help support the top when the cabinet is open.
The Yoder's Standard 902 Sewing Cabinet features a beautifully designed cleated slat spool rack. Keep dozens of spools of thread close at hand as well as drawers to organize your sewing supplies.
You have a choice of stain color and door style, with no extra charge. With a formaldehyde-free finish to top it off, you have a piece of Amish Furniture that will last a lifetime.
With a total length of 80," you have a good-sized work area, yet it folds up to 40", making it a space saver in your home. Selecting the 902A up-size will give you a total open width of 85" and 45" when closed.
Four drawers give you places to put your supplies and projects and are hidden by a door. Included is a sewing machine lift and ball-bearing drawer glides making your sewing experience a delight. To the left of the knee-hole, there is a spool rack. Casters make this cabinet easy to move around.
This cabinet comes standard with a 12" drop leaf along the back of the base cabinet.
If you choose the optional 902A up-size with the 26" knee-hole, your sewing machine hole can be enlarged to 24" W x 12 1/2" D. Measure your sewing machine to be sure it fits in the hole. For the best fit, you need 2" all the way around so that the acrylic insert fits correctly.
The optional foot treadle is to use when you sew without electricity.
You are Responsible to check the Sewing Machine Hole Size
Be sure to measure your sewing machine with all attachments removed. For the best fit, allow 2 extra inches around your machine for the insert to fit well. The extra 2" also allows room for your machine to raise and lower freely with the lift and the sewing machine cords.
The standard sewing machine opening size can be found in the specifications.
Sew Steady Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
Yoder's Woodworking includes a pneumatic sewing machine lift with your sewing cabinet.
The lift gives you the three positions needed for your sewing.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
A formaldehyde-free semi-gloss finish is used to complete the easy to clean finish. Go greener!
Wood construction has a huge benefit over furniture made out of laminates. Wood has durability and longevity. Nails, screws, and glue hold better and easier to repair. With a rather limitless stain and color option, it has more customization. It can even be refinished. With good care, it can last for generations. The small difference in the investment of wood over laminate is well worth it. There just isn't any skimping on quality.
This quality custom cabinet is constructed after you place your order. The typical wait time for this type of heirloom to be completed is about 24 weeks. Keep in mind that shipping will add more time to receiving your special order.
- Solid Wood Sides
- Sewing Machine Lift
- Ball Bearing Drawer Glides
- Dove Tail Drawers
- Spool Rack on Door
- Choice of door panel style
- Door Handles
- 4 Drawers
- 12" drop leaf in back
- Optional 26" Kneehole and Larger 24" X 12-1/2" machine opening
- Custom sewing machine acrylic insert
- Quarter Sawn White Oak
- Red Oak
- Total Open Width: 80" (Optional 902A 85")
- Total Depth: 20"
- Drop leaf adds 12" to the depth when open (32")
- Height: 31"
- Folded Width: 40" (Optional 902A 45")
- 21" knee-hole (Optional 902A 26")
- Sewing Machine hole size is 19 1/4" W x 10 1/2" D (Optional 902A 24" X 12-1/2")
- Weight 225 lbs.
- 1 @ 4 1/4" x 8" x 14 "
- 3 @ 6 1/4" x 8 1/2" x 14"