Yoder's Amish-made furniture is truly a deluxe sewing cabinet. It is built out of solid wood throughout, has dovetail drawers, and is truly an heirloom piece of furniture. This custom-made Amish furniture is crafted in their own workshop. It is worth the wait for the craftsmanship of this sewing cabinet.
With a total width span of 79" when it is open you have plenty of workspace, yet it closes up to 56" for saving your space when you are not busy sewing. Selecting the 909A up-size will give you a total open width of 84" and 61" when closed.
With a serger lift* you can store your serger away until you are ready to use it. The raised panel doors, ball-bearing drawer glides, and pull-out spool rack all add to its heirloom quality. As a custom cabinet, you can choose to add additional features. You place your order, adding the options you desire and it will be handmade in an Amish woodworking workshop.
Like the 909 cabinet, but do not have a serger? Choose the option of changing the serger lift to 4 drawers.
You are Responsible to check the Sewing Machine Hole Size
Be sure to measure your sewing machine with all attachments removed. For the best fit, allow 2 extra inches around your machine for the insert to fit well. The extra 2" also allows room for your machine to raise and lower freely with the lift and the sewing machine cords.
The standard sewing machine opening size can be found in the specifications.
If you choose the optional 909A up-size with the 26" knee-hole, your sewing machine hole can be enlarged to 24" W x 12 1/2" D. Measure your sewing machine to be sure it fits in the hole. For the best fit, you need 2" all the way around so that the acrylic insert fits correctly. The 26" knee-hole makes changes to the width: 61" closed, 84" open.
Sew Steady Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
Yoder's Woodworking includes a pneumatic sewing machine lift with your sewing cabinet.
The lift gives you the three positions needed for your sewing.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
A formaldehyde-free semi-gloss finish is used to complete the easy to clean finish. Go greener!
Wood construction has a huge benefit over furniture made out of laminates. Wood has durability and longevity. Nails, screws, and glue hold better and easier to repair. With a rather limitless stain and color option, it has more customization. It can even be refinished. With good care, it can last for generations. The small difference in the investment of wood over laminate is well worth it. There just isn't any skimping on quality.
This quality custom cabinet is constructed after you place your order. The typical wait time for this type of heirloom to be completed is about 24 weeks. Keep in mind that shipping will add more time to receiving your special order.
- Solid Wood Throughout, this is heirloom quality!
- Swing Machine Lift to easily adjust machine placement
- Serger Lift
- Ball Bearing Drawer Glides makes a smooth glide
- Dove Tail Drawers - a high-quality feature
- Pull Out Spool Rack, keeps you organized
- Raised Panel Door
- Casters make moving easier
- Door Handles for easy opening
- Cleated Slat Spool Rack
- Drawers: 1 @ 4 1/4'x8 1/2"x14", 3 @ 6 1/4"x8 1/2"x14"
- Weight 300 lbs.
- Quarter Sawn White Oak
- Red Oak
Other Available Options
- 12", 15", 18" 20" Flip-up leaf in the back
- Optional 26" Kneehole and Larger 24" X 12-1/2" machine opening
- Sewing Insert custom cut for you
*The serger lift is now a Kitchen Aid lift, and no longer has the wooden drop leaf attached to the front, as pictured.
- Total width: 79" (Optional 909A 84")
- Total depth: 19"
- Height: 31"
- Folded Width: 56" (Optional 909A 61")
- 21" Knee Hole (Optional 909A 26")
- Standard sewing machine hole is 19 1/4" W x 10 1/2" D (Optional 909A 24" X 12-1/2")