Featuring a wonderfully large tabletop the 8050 Sewing Cabinet can double as a cutting table when the sewing machine is in the lowest position. With a drop leaf to the left and the back of the cabinet, it also stores away with a smaller footprint.
Sitting front and center of your sewing machine needle you can sew in the proper posture.
It also has a deeper kneehole giving ample room to move in and out of the cabinet and room for the larger embroidery modules.
You can choose how to use the storage space to the left of the kneehole. It comes with a hoop hanger or shelving.
To the right is a pullout thread holder that keeps your thread visible at a glance.
Color choices are fun, too - White, Sunrise Maple, Sunset Maple, and Grey to complement your personal sewing area.
Made of durable mar-resistant melamine you will enjoy many years of sewing and creating on the 8050 Horn Cabinet.
We encourage you to add the optional acrylic insert. The custom cut insert fills in the empty space between your sewing machine and the edge of the sewing machine hole. This keeps your fabric from falling down between your sewing machine and the cabinet. It is wonderful to sew on a completely flat surface from the front edge of your sewing cabinet feeding your fabric all the way to the back.
The back of this sewing cabinet is finished just as beautifully as the front. This cabinet closes up with a fold-away door to keep all your sewing supply away from small fingers and dust.
Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
The "Whisper Quiet" Electric Lift has a red toggle switch to position your sewing machine exactly where you want to use it. Typically a sewing machine uses three positions on the sewing table.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
The beauty of the electric lift is getting your sewing machine exactly where you want it with only the push of a button, no force is needed to move heavy sewing machines.
The max weight recommended for an electric lift is 80lbs.
This cabinet arrives at your house completely assembled!!
Enter HORN10 at check out to save 10% on your Horn Sewing Cabinet!
• 31”x15-1/2” universal cut-out to fit the largest machines presently on the market
• New 27” cabinet depth for more knee room and easier fit for larger embroidery machines
• Melamine, mar-resistant surface
• “Whisper Quiet” Electric Lift
• Integrated embroidery unit and hoop storage or 3 adjustable shelves for storage included
• Pull-out panel with thread storage shelves included and installed
• Hinged drop leaf included and installed
• Left side swing up extension platform included and installed
• Bi-fold swing away door
• In front of the needle sewing
• Soft 2.5mm Edge Banding for comfortable sewing
• Rounded corners for safety
• 6 outlet power strip included
• Easy-roll lockable casters
• Completely assembled!
The Horn cabinets are made in lots. For example, the 8090 model in white might be made this week and the 9000 next week. This affects the availability of each cabinet. When you place your order you are in line for any cabinet that may be in stock, or the next run of the cabinet you choose. So your cabinet could arrive in 2 weeks if it is in stock or be on backorder until the next run. Some cabinets could be as far out as eight weeks or more.
Open: 68-1/4” Width 40” Depth 29-3/4” Height
Closed: 54” Width 27” Depth 29-3/4” Height
Sewing Machine Hole: 31" x 15 1/2"
Weight: 231 lbs
- Limited Lifetime Warranty covers residential use only, commercial and classroom use is excluded and will not be covered under this warranty.
- Horn of America designs and constructs its furniture with the customer’s satisfaction in mind.
- This warranty provides you with protection against manufacturer’s defects in material and workmanship of all components in your Horn of America cabinet.
- This warranty is limited to the original owner of the Horn of America cabinet and covers only manufacturer’s defects. Any damages resulting from the use of the product are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
Both the electric lifts, the table lift, and the sewing machine lift have a 3-year warranty.
This warranty does not cover any defect resulting from the improper use or abuse of the cabinet, normal wear and tear, or commercial or institutional (Schools) use of the cabinet in a commercial or institutional environment.