Enter HORN10 at check out to save 10% on your Horn Sewing Cabinet!
Perfect extra-large sewing machine hole for the large embroidery machines. Measuring 31" x 15 1/2" it is large enough for the Baby Lock Solaris and Brother Luminaire.
All along the back of the cabinet is a full-length 13" drop leaf extension supported on 2 panels with caster wheels ~ the whole cabinet is supported on casters making it very mobile and easy to move.
All the corners and edges of the 8090 cabinet are smooth and rounded keeping your fabrics and clothing safe.
On the left of the sewing machine is a drawer extension panel that sits above a set of 3 drawers. (The removable panel has pins that help to hold it into place, when you remove this panel be sure to keep the pins off the surface of the cabinet so that there is no chance of scratching it). The drawers have a soft close feature - no noisy slamming!
The drawer extension gives you extra workspace, keeps everything handy, but out of the way.
Just to the left of your knee space is a small cubby that you can store your embroidery module. It also has adjustable hooks for your embroidery hoops. If you do not have an embroidery machine, the cubby comes with 3 adjustable shelves you can put in for extra shelving.
On the right of the kneehole is a 132 spool panel to hold your threads. The top of the thread panel has more places to get organized with 2 cutouts for your small notions like pins or small scissors, and 1 rectangular cut out for pens and pencils.
Further to the right is a swing-up extension platform - again keep things handy but out of the way. This panel swing up from the side of the cabinet - a great place to set up a pressing pad or use a lightbox - or even an overlocking machine. It can support 50 pounds, and the tabletop measures 13 3/4 x 22 1/2".
To the right of the sewing machine, you have ample space of 13" x 26" which is part of the main cabinet and drop leaf.
This cabinet comes in white, sunrise maple, sunset maple or grey.
Choose a clear acrylic insert or a color matching insert for your sewing machine well.
When this cabinet arrives at your home, you simply unwrap the cabinet. You do not need to install or assemble anything. It is ready to go!
To create a flat work surface on the 8090 cabinet, carefully remove your acrylic insert, remember to store it on the longest side to protect it best.
Toggle your sewing machine all the way up. The filler panel that sits in your sewing machine well stores under the tabletop, behind the sewing machine. When you want a flat surface to work on, store your acrylic insert in the same location.
A flat table surface is perfect for laying out patterns and even cutting out.
If you have something very thin or a lightbox, you can store it alongside your thread panel.
Before closing the right panel extension, move the pin clip that's in the corner up and out. This will free up the swing-up platform. Gently lift the panel, open the door, and let the panel down against the sewing cabinet. Double-check that the panel is all the way flat, then pull the doors across the front of your 8090 cabinet. The last step to close your cabinet is to let down the leaf on the right side.
Now your cabinet is all closed up, safe from little hands or furry friends. If you need the space, your cabinet can be rolled to the side of the room.
We encourage you to add the optional acrylic insert. The custom cut insert fills in the empty space between your sewing machine and the edge of the sewing machine hole. This keeps your fabric from falling down between your sewing machine and the cabinet. It is wonderful to sew on a completely flat surface from the front edge of your sewing cabinet feeding your fabric all the way to the back.
Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
The "Whisper Quiet" Electric Lift has a red toggle switch to position your sewing machine exactly where you want to use it. Typically a sewing machine uses three positions on the sewing table.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
The beauty of the electric lift is getting your sewing machine exactly where you want it with only the push of a button, no force is needed to move heavy sewing machines.
The max weight recommended for an electric lift is 80lbs.
Super large 31”x15-1/2” universal cut-out to fit the largest new machines
• New 27” cabinet depth for more knee room and easier fit of larger embroidery machines
• Melamine mar-resistant surface
• Three drawers on soft-close slides
• Drop-leaf for additional workspace included and installed
• Embroidery unit storage
• Embroidery hoop storage and included thread storage
• “Whisper Quiet” electric lift
• Drawer extension platform offers more workspace
• Soft 2.5mm edge banding for comfortable sewing
• 6 outlet power strip included
• Completely assembled!
The Horn cabinets are made in lots. For example, the 8090 model in white might be made this week and the 9000 next week. This affects the availability of each cabinet. When you place your order you are in line for any cabinet that may be in stock, or the next run of the cabinet you choose. So your cabinet could arrive in 2 weeks if it is in stock or be on backorder until the next run. Some cabinets could be as far out as eight weeks or more.
Open: 78” Width 64-1/4” Depth 29-3/4” Height
Closed: 63-1/4” Width 27” Depth 29-3/4” Height
Sewing Machine Hole: 31" x 15 1/2"
Weight: 301 lbs.
Small Drawer: 8-1/2" Width x 14-3/4” Depth x 5-1/4” Height
Large Drawer: 8-1/2" Width x 14-3/4” Depth x 10-3/8” Height
Embroidery Storage: 8" wide
- Limited Lifetime Warranty covers residential use only, commercial and classroom use is excluded and will not be covered under this warranty.
- Horn of America designs and constructs its furniture with the customer’s satisfaction in mind.
- This warranty provides you with protection against manufacturer’s defects in material and workmanship of all components in your Horn of America cabinet.
- This warranty is limited to the original owner of the Horn of America cabinet and covers only manufacturer’s defects. Any damages resulting from the use of the product are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
Both the electric lifts, the table lift, and the sewing machine lift have a 3-year warranty.
This warranty does not cover any defect resulting from the improper use or abuse of the cabinet, normal wear and tear, or commercial or institutional (Schools) use of the cabinet in a commercial or institutional environment.