This smaller cabinet is a wonderful piece of woodworking. Solidly built in an Amish workshop, it is designed to last. Four drawers on the right side are jointed with the dovetail construction. Piano hinge on the doors aids in the strength of the doors, since they are a continuous hinge. You have a choice of stain color and door style, with no extra charge. A formaldehyde-free finish to top it off, you have a piece of Amish Furniture that will last a lifetime.
With a total length of 76" you have a good-sized work area, yet it folds up to 38", making it a space saver in your home.
Four drawers give you places to put your supplies and projects. Included is a sewing machine lift and ball-bearing drawer glides making your sewing experience a delight. To the left of the kneehole, there is a spool rack. Casters make this cabinet easy to move around.
Sew Steady Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
Yoder's Woodworking includes a pneumatic sewing machine lift with your sewing cabinet.
The lift gives you the three positions needed for your sewing.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
A formaldehyde-free semi-gloss finish is used to complete the easy to clean finish. Go greener!
Wood construction has a huge benefit over furniture made out of laminates. Wood has durability and longevity. Nails, screws, and glue hold better and easier to repair. With a rather limitless stain and color option, it has more customization. It can even be refinished. With good care, it can last for generations. The small difference in the investment of wood over laminate is well worth it. There just isn't any skimping on quality.
This quality custom cabinet is constructed after you place your order. The typical wait time for this type of heirloom to be completed is about 24 weeks. Keep in mind that shipping will add more time to receiving your special order.
- Solid Wood Sides
- Sewing Machine Lift
- Ball Bearing Drawer Glides
- Dove Tail Drawers
- Spool Rack on Door
- Choice of door panel style
- Door Handles
- 4 Drawers
- Quarter Sawn White Oak
- Red Oak
- Total Width: 76"
- Total Depth: 19"
- Height: 31"
- Folded Width: 38"
- 21" kneehole
- Sewing machine hole size is 19 1/2" W x 10 1/2" D
- 1 @ 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" x 14"
- 3 @ 6 1/4" x 8 1/2" x 14"
- 12" or 15" drop leaf in back
- Custome sewing machine acrylic insert