Amish-made piece of heirloom furniture, this sewing cabinet has your needs in mind. The 8 drawers on the left of the sewing machine make organizing your notions and sewing supplies a breeze. The double fold-back doors open up and fold back against the right side of the cabinet, keeping them well out of the way of your sewing. The cabinet has an ample surface of 75 1/2" width of workspace. The left wing is able to support a standard serger.
A pull-out spool storage is a nice touch to this Timberside Sewing Cabinet
Details like dovetail construction on the drawers and extension drawer slides come standard with the Timberside Woodworking.
The kneehole has a roomy 28".
The top has a sewing machine well, which is covered with a matching wood piece in the picture. This feature allows you to use your sewing cabinet as a buffet or side table. It can also be used to cut out on.
The flip-up wing on the side would be strong enough to support a serger. It measures 12" from left to right and 25 1/2" front to back.
With casters on the bottom of the sewing cabinet, you can easily move it just where you want to sew.
The beauty of this cabinet allows you to store your sewing machine completely away and use the cabinet as a side cupboard in your dining or living room as well.
Custom comes with a wait time of 20 weeks, but the heirloom quality is so worth the wait!
Sew Steady Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
The lift is German-made. It is a pneumatic lift that is operated by pushing down a little (1/4" to 1/2") to release its current position. Once it is released, you can let it rise or push further down to lower your sewing machine. There are three positions of the lift, that are adjustable to your particular sewing machine.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom-made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
Lift is 17" High with a weight limit of 33 lbs., making this cabinet able to accommodate larger sewing machines.
Lifts are currently made in Germany, and an effort is being made to have them made in the USA.
In a day when composite materials are commonly found in furniture construction, Timberside Woodworking furnishings combine quality hardwoods with old-world Amish craftsmanship for a level of master-crafted artistry that never goes out of style. Timberside Woodworking furnishings are available in brown maple, oak, quarter sawn oak, and cherry, in a complete range of stains and finishes. Expect eye-catching, custom-crafted pieces in your sewing cabinets and cutting tables — all with impressive detail work. Find meticulously crafted furnishings in Traditional, Mission, and Shaker styles, built to deliver enduring fashion and use.
Timberside Woodworking finishes with a formaldehyde-free top coat.
These arrive at your curbside wrapped in a blanket, not in a crate. You will need to be home to receive it and sign for it.
- 8 Drawers
- Flip Down
- Air Lift
- Bi-Fold Doors hinged on Right
- CLOSED: 64 1/2"W x 25 1/2"D x 32"H
- BACK WING UP: 43 1/4"D (20" Wing on Back)
- 75 1/2"W with 12" Wing on Right
- Sewing Machine Opening 13 1/8" D x 24 3/8"W
- Left Drawers: Top 5 1/2"H x18"W, 3 Bottom 6 1/4"H x 18"W
- Right Drawers: Top 5 1/2"H x 10"W, 3 Bottom 6 1/4"W x 18"W
- Weight: 270 pounds
The sample picture is made with Brown Maple wood, an unknown stain.