Amish custom woodworking makes this sewing cabinet a delight to use. Not only do you have a large work surface, but you also have 4 drawers to organize your supplies, and a thread organizer that pulls out.
This little sewing cabinet is beautiful enough to double as a sideboard in your dining room, bedroom, or living room.
Details like dovetail construction on the drawers and extension drawer slides come standard with the 185 sewing cabinet.
One door opens to the left to support the left flip-out extension. On the right, you also have an extension with support.
A wooden insert is included with your sewing cabinet so you can also use the top to cut out on.
Hardware as pictured.
If you want to add casters, they will add 1" to the height of your cabinet.
For a bigger sewing machine, take a look at the 185A, it has a larger sewing machine hole.
Custom comes with a wait time of 20 weeks, but the heirloom quality is so worth the wait!
Sew Steady Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
The lift is German-made. It is a pneumatic lift that is operated by pushing down a little (1/4" to 1/2") to release its current position. Once it is released, you can let it rise or push further down to lower your sewing machine. There are three positions of the lift, that are adjustable to your particular sewing machine.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom-made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
Lift is 13 3/4" High with a weight limit of 22 lbs.
Lifts are currently made in Germany, and an effort is being made to have them made in the USA.
In a day when composite materials are commonly found in furniture construction, Timberside Woodworking furnishings combine quality hardwoods with old-world Amish craftsmanship for a level of master-crafted artistry that never goes out of style. Timberside Woodworking furnishings are available in brown maple, oak, quarter sawn oak, and cherry, in a complete range of stains and finishes. Expect eye-catching, custom-crafted pieces in your sewing cabinets and cutting tables — all with impressive detail work. Find meticulously crafted furnishings in Traditional, Mission, and Shaker styles, built to deliver enduring fashion and use.
Timberside Woodworking finishes with a formaldehyde-free top coat.
Casters are optional.
Features At a Glance
- 1 Door
- 4 drawers
- 1 spool pullout
- Pneumatic Lift
- Open size 80 1/2" W
- Right flip out
- Left flip out
- Closed: 40 1/4" Wide x 20" Deep x 29 3/4" High
- Open: 80 1/2" Wide x 20" Deep x 29 3/4" High
- Knee hole size 27"
- Sewing Machine opening: 10 7/8" Deep x 19 5/8"
- Left Extension 28 1/8"
- Right Extension 12"
- Drawer measures 4" High x 7 15/16" Wide x 18" Deep
- Weight 135 lbs.